This is DC Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs. We are seeking motivated Chinese bilingual speakers interested in public service and the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community.
This is an opening for a temporary position, with a potential to be transitioned to full time. Please read below for details.
MOAPIA’s mission is to improve the quality of life for District Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders through advocacy and engagement. MOAPIA advises the Mayor, the Council, and District agencies on the views, needs, and concerns of the AAPI community. MOAPIA provides recommendations on District programs and initiatives affecting the AAPI community, and helps coordinate programs and initiatives within the government that promote the overall welfare of the AAPI community.
Employment Type: Temporary (~September 30, 2018). This position has a potential to be transitioned to full time.
Location: Department of Human Services (645 H Street NE)
Schedule: Monday-Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm (24 hours/week)
Salary: $20.00 /hour
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
– The incumbent reports to the Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs. But the work location is at H Street Center of the Department of Human Services.
– The incumbent will assist Asian and Pacific Islander residents, mainly Chinese in accessing Human services. He/she will provide interpretation and translation as needed and handle case intakes and provide necessary follow ups to help constituents. He/she will also handle admin work as it relate to the cases she/she is in charge of and maintain a detail case log and report on their status.
– Fluent (both writing and speaking) in English and any of the following languages: Mandarin, Cantonese
– Experience in outreach, marketing, or publicity
– Ability to work independently
– Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
– A Baccalaureate degree is preferred or 3 years of related experience in lieu of degree
– Team player
– Ability to meet deadlines within a team environment
– Willing to work on evenings and weekends on as needed basis
– Has permit to work in the United States
Please share the announcement to anyone that might be interested. Applicants may send their resume firstname.lastname@example.org.